Sunday 15 January 2017

10 Things That I Most Look Forward To In Disney World

In the spirit of the holiday season now being over, and the dog days of January (and winter up here in Ontario) setting in, I decided to to come up with a list of the ten things that I am most looking forward to when our family visits Disney World later in 2017.  I also love making up "Top 10" lists, so this post goes hand in hand with that too.  Here is my list in reverse order:

10.  Going through the World Showcase countries with my wife and kids, and trying out the different foods available in some of them.  In 2015, we walked through them after dinner at Via Napoli in Italy, but I haven't really experienced them since I was a teenager in 1982.  Epcot had just opened back then.

9.  Watching my kids in the Jedi Training Trials of the Temple show in Hollywood Studios.  Two years ago, my wife and I lived vicariously through our kids, as they participated in the original Jedi Training Academy show. It is fun to watch no matter what, but watching your own children battle such foes as Darth Vader and Darth Maul was unforgettable!

8.  I love fireworks and light shows to begin with, and coupled with the Star Wars theme, I am looking forward to seeing the new Star Wars Spectacular evening show at Hollywood Studios.

7.  Last time in WDW, I was foolish enough to pass up a Dole Whip because we passed by the Magic Kingdom stand in the morning.  Later, the line up was long, so again I took a pass, and have regretted  it ever since.  Not making the same mistake this time. The Dole Whip is my one "must have" treat.

6.  My wife is definitely the biggest Star Wars fan in our family, with our son close behind her.  But I really enjoyed most of the films, and especially appreciated the characters of Darth Vader and Chewbacca.  So now that the new Star Wars Launch Bay is open at Hollywood Studios, I want to take the rare opportunity to meet Chewy at his meet and greet.

5.  The two best meals that my wife and I have ever eaten came at the California Grill.  As we will be celebrating a special birthday of mine in Disney World, this is the restaurant I wanted to do so at.  It will be our kids' first time eating with us there, as we had their grandparents babysit them for our previous special dinners at CG. I hope that we will also have the opportunity to view the new Happily Ever After fireworks from the top of the Contemporary Resort again, either during or after our dining experience.

4.  Last time we went to WDW, we spent only one day at Epcot.  As some of you are aware, Epcot has tiered Fastpass selections, so you cannot Fastpass both Test Track and Soarin'.  We were only able to get for Test Track (which was a great ride!), but the line up for Soarin' was too long for my kids to handle.  Securing a Fastpass for Soarin' is my top priority at Epcot on this upcoming trip.

3.   While I have stayed on property at the Holiday Inn, one of the seven independent Disney Springs Resort Area hotels, our family has never stayed in a Disney Resort.  If you have read an earlier post, you know that we are now booked for Port Orleans French Quarter.  As well as my excitement at being immersed in Disney 24/7, I am also glad to have the 60 days ahead Fastpass selection now available.  There were a few rides such as Soarin' and Seven Dwarfs Mine Train that we couldn't get on our last trip, selecting only 30 days in advance.

2.  I can't wait to see Wishes again.  Enough said.

1.  My favorite ride in Disney World is Splash Mountain.  I am so looking forward to riding it as many times as I can during our trip.  Splash Mountain is one of the special experiences that really make Disney World the happiest place on Earth!

Now back to the planning, to make as many of these happen as possible!

If you would like to read more Disney World planning blog posts, click here.

For blog updates and more planning information, please like my Facebook page, Top 10 Planning Questions for Walt Disney World.





No comments:

Post a Comment